Wednesday, March 5, 2008

"I Can Fly" By: Ruth Krauss, Illus: Mary Blair


I Can Fly is a Little Golden Book Classic. I'm sure all of us can recall our most favorite Golden Book when we were little. They are light weight, simple to read and have fabulous illustrations. I bought this little book as a set of Golden Books from Costco for Christmas last year. Maille has loved them. I escpecially love this story because of it's simply rhyms such as, "A bird can fly. So can I." Or "Pick, pick, pick. I'm a little chick." Our favorite thing about the book is it's pictures. They are full of brite yellows, pinks, reds, greens, and blues. The illustrations are quaintly detailed. I love it so much because it takes me back to my childhood and the pajamas I used to wear are the same as the little girl's in the book. The animals she imitates are animals I played with and imagined as a child. But most of all, the reader can fly away into his or her own imagination and become anything and do anything they want to.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh so cute. This will be a fun blog.